Parish of the Last Supper of Our Lord (PLSOL), Diocese of Paranaque, had a successful Lenten Pilgrimage last Saturday, March 16, 2013. Led by Rev. Fr. Angel Sanchez, our parish priest, 215 parishioners participated in this year's Visita Iglesia in 7 churches of Rizal.
1. Regina Rica, Sampaloc, Tanay, Rizal (Holy Mass, 1st and 2nd Station)
Founded by The Dominican Sisters of the Regina Rosarii, a community of consecrated women called to be Salt of the Earth. 13.5 hectare land in Tanay Rizal is A Prayer place, Ecological Sanctuary and a Wellness environment. The construction of the Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary statue began in October 7, 2009 and the blessing of the statue took place in March 19, 2010 in commemoration of the special year for the priests. Regina Rica is a Spanish term meaning “Our Lady is Rich”.
|Our Lady over the hill.|
|A closer look of mother and Son.|
|Newly built Regina Rica Chapel.|
Rev. Fr. Angel Sanchez, our parish priest during the Holy Mass.
|Panoramic view inside the chapel during the Holy Mass.|
2. St. Mary Magdalene Parish Church, Pililla, Rizal. (3rd and 4th Station)
Franciscan Missionaries reached Pillila Rizal in 1572 they started to build a church made of bamboo and cogon. In 1583 the church was named in honor of St. Mary Magdalene. In 1599 the church was renovated using wood and stones but it was burned down in 1632. The church was reconstructed and finished between 1670-1673. The church altar and convent was blessed in 1848 and was renovated by the parish priest between 1962-1978.
3. San Ildefonso Parish Church, Tanay, Rizal. (5th and 6th Station)
4. St. Joseph Parish Church, Baras, Rizal. (7th and 8th Station)
The church was built by the Franciscan Missionaries in 1595 and was transferred to Ibayo in 1636 but returned to the present location in 1682 and was formerly under the Parish of Nuestra Senora de la Annuciata in Boso-boso, Antipolo Rizal. The Jesuits administered the parish from 1616 to 1679. The stone church was completed in 1686.
We took our lunch here inside the parish compound.
5. St. Jerome Parish Church, Morong, Rizal. (9th and 10th station)
The town dates from 1578 and the first church was constructed. In 1586 the first resident parish priest was assigned here. A fire destroyed the town including the first church in 1612 and shortly afterwards was reconstructed. The present church façade, frontispiece and belfry was built by Bartolome Palatino from Paete Laguna between 1850 and 1853.
6. Our Lady of Light Parish Church, Cainta, Rizal. (11th and 12th Station)
The stone church was built between 1707 to 1716 by the Jesuit Priests. The church was named in honor of the Nuestra Senora de la Luz in 1727 and was established as a parish in 1760. The Our Lady of Light painting was destroyed during the Filipino American War of 1899 and a replica was repainted by National Artist, Fernando Amorsolo in 1950. The church was reconstructed back to its original facade in 1966 and was finished and blessed in 1968.
|Bus no. 1|
|Bus no. 2|
|Bus no. 3|
|Bus no. 4|
|Van nos. 1 and 2|
|Parish of the Last Supper of Our Lord (PLSOL) participants of the Lenten Pilgrimage 2013 - Churches of Rizal|
7. Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage Shrine, Antipolo City. (13th and 14th Station)
Also known as Immaculate Conception Parish, it houses the miraculous image of The Nuestra Señora de la Paz y Buen Viaje of famously known as Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, the title given to the Blessed Virgin Mary on the basis of the Spanish galleon’s successful eight ocean corssings. On several occasions, it was believed that she saved the galleon b warning the people about an imminent catastrophe. The image of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage was sculptured by Mexican craftsmen. It was carved from dark hard wood similar to the Black Nazarene in Quiapo. One would note the presence of her famous “plancha de oro”. It was an exquisite, 18th century rococo-style frontal dress of solid 18 karat gold with a design of various flowers and birds. Her crown which was made of solid 18 karat gold is completely studded with rose-cut diamonds, large natural Sulu pearls, Burmese rubies, Colombian emeralds, and Indian blue sapphires. Her “aureola halo”, also made of solid 18 karat gold is studded with precious gems like diamonds, pearls, rubies, emeralds, and sapphires. Her 18 karat gold hair pins or “atochas” and rings are all studded with rose-cut diamonds and Sulu pearls. Her cape has a magnificent and heavy silver-gilt thread embroidery. She also seems to be wearing a wig made of human hair. Unfortunately, all of the magnificent jewels of the “Nuestra Senora de la Paz y Buen Viaje” disappeared at the turn of the 20th century.
|The 14th Station.|
Before going back home, we made sure, we have our "kasoy" and "suman sa ibos" pasalubong for our loved ones.
Glory to God!